You got a new wig, you wore it a few times… now it is time to wash it. Follow these simple steps and make sure to use the right products for the fiber of your wig.
- Detangle. Hold your wig and remove any tangles with a wide tooth comb. Start from the ends and work your way up.
- Cold water. Place your wig under cool, running water.
- Shampoo. Apply a small amount of shampoo and lather. Work with the hair in the same direction. Rinse with cold water until water is clear.
- Towel dry. Wrap your wig in a towel and pat dry to eliminate excess water.
- Condition. Spray a leave-in conditioner, mainly at the ends.
- Air dry. Place your wig on a wig stand and let it air dry.